- Watershed Conditions Statement - Water Safety
- Valens fishing bridge closed for 3 weeks
- Section of road closed at Christie Lake
- Area of Canal Park closed for viewing platform construction
- Mountain bike trails closed at Christie Lake
- Dofasco Trail Closed Between 5th Rd. E. & 8th Rd. E.
- HCA Winter Safety Information
- There is no trail access between Tew Falls and Webster Falls
- Conservation Ontario Class Environmental Assessment Notice of Filing Document for Review The Hamilton Conservation Authority (HCA) has completed a study to investigate possible...more
- Water Resources Technician Summer Student Position This is a summer position, under the 2019 Canada Summer Jobs program, in Hamilton Conservation Authority’s (HCA)...more
Current Water Levels
Low Water Level Status:
Lake Ontario Shoreline Status:
Water Level Explanations
Generally indicates low flow to base flow conditions. It should be noted that during Normal flow conditions, the inherent risk to personal safety associated with flowing water still exists.
Flows are below 70 percent of their normal summer low flow. Water users are asked to reduce their consumption by 10 per cent.
Flows are below 50 percent of their normal summer low flow. Water users are asked to reduce their consumption by 20 per cent.
Flows are below 30 percent of their normal summer low flow and there is potential for economic harm to water takers and/or significant harm to the ecosystem. The Water Response Team may ask the province to impose mandatory restrictions on those holding Permits to Take Water.
Flood Status Explanations
No flood conditions exist.
|Watershed Conditions Statement - Water Safety
High flows, unsafe banks, melting ice or other factors that could be dangerous for recreational users such as anglers, canoeists, hikers, children, pets, etc. Flooding is not expected.
|Watershed Conditions Statement - Flood Outlook
Early notice of the potential for flooding based on weather forecasts calling for heavy rain, snow melt, high wind or other conditions that could lead to high runoff, cause ice jams, lakeshore flooding or erosion.
Flooding is possible in specific watercourses or municipalities. Municipalities, emergency services and individual landowners in flood-prone areas should prepare.
Flooding is imminent or already occurring in specific watercourses or municipalities. Municipalities and individuals should take action to deal with flood conditions. This may include road closures and evacuations.
- Skating Lake: Closed
- Ice Fishing: Closed
- Skating Pond: Closed
- Ice Fishing: Closed
Christie Lake: On ice activities not permitted [More].