Special Events

Special Events at HCA

Looking to hold a large-scale special event (open to the general public) in one of our conservation areas? See below for information and application forms to apply.

Smaller events, such as family celebrations, can be booked with the conservation area directly.  If you are looking to book a pavilion for a party or other occasion, please check out our current pavilion and group area rental information.

Interested parties must submit a Special Event Application to host a special event on any portion of property owned/managed by the Hamilton Conservation Authority (designated areas such as pavilions or group areas are exempt) and/or if the event includes ANY of the following elements:

  • Food being given or sold to the general public at an event
  • Area closures (partial or full)
  • The use of electricity (you are using a generator)
  • Tents larger than 10 feet x 10 feet
  • Amusement Rides

Please read the Special Event Guideline in its entirety BEFORE you submit an application.

Smaller events that do not meet the above criteria may be coordinated directly with the conservation area you are interested in.  Click here for current pavilion and group area rental information.

Applications must be received 90 DAYS in advance of the proposed event.
Standard event applications can take 5 – 10 business days to approve, however larger scale events, requiring added elements or area closures may exceed this timeline. Any event application may be subject to Board of Director approval and will be presented at the nearest scheduled monthly meeting.

Please submit application to:
Email: sarah.gauden@conservationhamilton.ca
Fax: 905-648-4622, Attention: Sarah Gauden
Phone: 905-525-2181

Mail or drop off to:
PO BOX 81068, 838 Mineral Springs Road
Ancaster, ON L9G 4X1