Conservation Area Rules and Regulations
Drone usage in conservation areas – Personal or recreational use is not permitted
- Stay on marked trails at all times. Do not climb or otherwise bypass fencing.
- Do not deface, remove or damage any property, plants or animals in our conservation areas.
- Place your garbage in containers provided. Recyclable materials should be placed in recycling containers.
- Adults are responsible for watching their children. Abide by beach regulations. No lifeguards on duty.
- Public telephones are available at all major conservation areas and campground washroom buildings. For all emergencies – dial 911.
- Alcohol is prohibited in all conservation areas unless permission and a special occasion permit has been acquired.
- Electric motor and non-power boating is allowed on our reservoirs. Rowboats, canoes and kayaks are available for rental at the boathouse.
- Pets must be on leash at all times. Owners must clean up after their pets. Pets are not allowed on the beaches unless designated as pet beach areas.
- Motorized vehicles, including e-bikes, snowmobiles and off-road vehicles, are NOT permitted in conservation areas or on trails.
- Vending, soliciting and advertising are not allowed, except by written permission of the Hamilton Conservation Authority.
- Fishing is allowed as prescribed seasons dictate. Check individual conservation areas for specific information.
- Camping: *Please read regulations on your camping permit.* One vehicle is allowed per site. One additional vehicle may be registered at an additional charge. Maximum 6 persons per site. *Quiet time is 10:30 p.m. – 8:00 a.m. Please turn off your radios and refrain from making excessive noise at any time. Visiting hours over at sunset.* Please build fires in designated places only. Camping supplies, such as firewood, ice and snack food is usually available in season at our conservation areas. In the spirit of family camping, alcohol use and possession is prohibited in our campgrounds year-round.