Boat Rentals Closed Boat rentals at Christie Lake and Valens Lake will be closed for 2022.
FishingHCA offers several spots to cast a line and reel in that big catch! From Fifty Point, Christie or Valens Lake, you’ll enjoy hitting the water with your family or friends. Provincial fishing regulation is in effect and a fishing license is required for anglers 18-64 years of age. HCA had boat rentals available at Christie Lake and Valens Lake. No gas powered motors permitted on the lakes. Click here to learn more. HCA is implementing a voluntary catch and release while fishing at Valens and Christie Lake to help support a sustainable native fishery within the reservoirs.
Where to go?Valens Lake
- Species: Largemouth bass, pike, crappie, bluegill, perch, catfish and carp.
- Bait: Available at campground store and gatehouse during summer months.
- Valens Lake is a fish sanctuary. Fishing is closed from April 1st to the fourth Saturday in June annually.
- Electric motors only, no gas motors permitted.
- Species: Pike, largemouth bass, bluegill, crappie and catfish.
- Christie Lake is a fish sanctuary. Fishing is closed until the fourth Saturday in June annually.
- Bait: Available at the gatehouse during summer months.
- Fishing available in the pond or in Lake Ontario. Please note that as of 2018, the pond at Fifty Point is no longer stocked.
- Bait available at the gatehouse during summer months.