HCA Camping Rules & Regulations
Applies to Valens Lake and Fifty Point
Reservations and Cancellations
- Reservations can be made up to one year in advance for the reservation period of the April 1 to October 31 at Valens Lake, and April 1 to Thanksgiving at Fifty Point
- A non-refundable reservation fee of $13.27 + HST applies to each campsite reservation and is charged at the time of the reservation.
- All campsite reservation must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- A modification or cancellation to a reservation will incur an additional non-refundable service fee of $8.50 + HST per campsite reservation.
- Campers who shorten their stay after arriving during the summer period will be refunded 50% of any unused camper nights, except on long weekends when campers will receive no refund.
- If no cancellation is requested, then no refund will be processed.
- Cancellations will be accepted until the day prior to the arrival date and must be made during the areas normal camping officer operating hours. If cancelled after 1 PM on the day prior to arrival, a 1-night camping fee will be charged.
- At Fifty Point, group site fees are non-refundable. All camper fees are due upon arrival and are based on a per person per night. Alterations can be made within the operating season, but a modification fee applies.
Campsite and Camping
- Campers must not deface, remove or damage any property in the Conservation Area. All vegetation and wildlife are not to be disturbed in any way.
- Check-in time is 2 PM and Check-out time is 1 PM. At Valens Lake, no check-ins after 8PM.
- Visitors must leave the Conservation Area by sunset.
- Additional vehicles must be registered at the gate. A maximum of two vehicles allowed on site.
- Where space permits, you are allowed up to three pieces of shelter equipment plus one dining shelter/tarp on your campsite. Only one piece of shelter equipment can be a tent trailer, house trailer, motor home, or self-propelled camping unit. A maximum of 6 (six) people are permitted on each site.
- Campers must not engage in any activity that is disruptive to fellow campers or day users; please be respectful.
- Quiet Time/radio ban is from 10:30 PM – 8 AM, where radios are permitted. Unnecessary noise at any time is prohibited.
- Fires are to be built only in fireplaces or spaces provided.
- Valens Lake: Fire pits are provided at each campsite. At group campsites, only community fire circles are available.
- Fifty Point: Fires are not permitted on any campsite. A central community fire ring is available.
- At Fifty Point, watercraft requiring a trailer or utility trailers are not permitted on site (arrangements at the gatehouse or marina must be made at additional costs).
- Generators are not permitted on unserviced campsites.
Conservation Area Rules
- Day entry and campers are subject to the Conservation Authorities Act, Ontario Regulation 109/90. This includes, but is not limited to:
- TOTAL ALCOHOL BAN. Possession or consumption may result in evictions and/or charges laid. At Fifty Point, alcohol consumption is permitted only at the restaurant and marina.
- Firearms and fireworks are strictly prohibited.
- The use of all motorized vehicles will be confined to the areas as designated and must conform to the Highway Traffic Act.
- Dogs and other pets must be kept on a leash at all times and are not permitted in the Beach Area. Please clean up after your animal.
- Swimming is allowed only in the Beach Area during daylight hours. No Lifeguards on duty – swim at your own risk. Please see posted Beach Regulations.
- Refuse and recyclable materials are to be placed in the proper receptacles provided.
- The Hamilton Conservation Authority reserves the right to bar entrance or eject any person, or persons whom the Authority deems detrimental to the operation of the Conservation Area.
- Additional Conservation Area rules and regulations can be found here.