HCA offers several spots to cast a line and reel in that big catch! From Fifty Point, Christie or Valens Lake, you'll enjoy hitting the water with your family or friends.
Provincial fishing regulation is in effect and a fishing license is required for anglers 18-64 years of age.
HCA had boat rentals available at Christie Lake and Valens Lake. No gas powered motors permitted on the lakes. Click here to learn more.
Not to miss, Valens Lake's Annual John Burns Memorial Fishing Derby every July and their Annual Ice Fishing Derby every February. Visit our events page to learn more.
HCA is implementing a voluntary catch and release while fishing at Valens and Christie Lake to help support a sustainable native fishery within the reservoirs.
Where to go?
- Species: Largemouth bass, pike, crappie, bluegill, perch, catfish and carp.
- Bait: Available at both stores during summer months.
- Valens Lake is a fish sanctuary. Fishing is closed from April 1st to the fourth Saturday in June annually.
- Electric motors only, no gas motors permitted.
- Species: Pike, largemouth bass, bluegill, crappie and catfish.
- Christie Lake is a fish sanctuary. Fishing is closed until the fourth Saturday in June annually.
- Bait: Available at the gatehouse during summer months.
- Fishing available in the pond or in Lake Ontario
- Bait available at the gatehouse during summer months
Ice fishing is a must during the winter season when conditions permit and offers a whole new experience for anglers! Please note, that equipment is not supplied, holes are not pre-drilled and we do not have huts available for rent.
Ice fishing is permitted at Valens Lake and the Fifty Point marina only. Christie Lake is ice is never safe to walk on. Click here to stay up to date on ice conditions and winter safety.
Don't miss Valens Lake's Annual Ice Fishing Derby the Saturday of Family Day weekend! Visit our events page to learn more.