Confederation Beach Park
Address: 680 Van Wagners Beach Road, Hamilton, ON, L8E 3L8
Phone: 905-547-6141 ext. 2
Open 7 days a week, from sunrise to sunset, unless otherwise posted.
Welcome to Confederation Beach Park, an 93-hectare package of fun and adventure located on the shores of Lake Ontario in Hamilton. Here you'll find some of the area's best food and fun throughout the year. There's plenty of park space for sports, games and other activities. Do the Works with your family and friends at any of our outdoor attractions - from go-karts, batting cages, mini golf, and Wild Waterworks, to restaurants like Hutch's and Baranga's on the Beach. There's also the Lakeland Centre, featuring a swimming pool, splash pad, volleyball & basketball courts and banquet hall.
Confederation Beach Park’s beautiful lakefront location makes it a popular spot for summer picnics and gatherings.
As a City of Hamilton property managed by HCA, no fees are collected for entrance to the park, however, there are certain requirements for planning picnics, events and other special occasions. This allows Confederation Beach Park to better manage the different user groups and ensures that your group can be accommodated, rather than face the possibility of being turned away if prior arrangements have not been made. It also ensures that staffing levels are appropriate for the level of visitors entering the park that day, so that we can keep Confederation Beach Park clean, safe and enjoyable for all.
Area Bylaws and Picnic Requirements
- City of Hamilton by-laws require that groups of 20+ people obtain a permit to hold a picnic or event within Confederation Beach Park.
- Large organized family groups or corporate picnics in excess of 20 people must preregister for a pavilion or group area in accordance with City of Hamilton Bylaw 01-219.
- HCA requires notice of buses or other large vehicles entering the park.
- Open air BBQ use is not permitted other than at designated spaces by permit in accordance with City of Hamilton Bylaw 01-219.
- Smoking is not permitted at any City of Hamilton Park Bylaw 11-080
- Large events may also be required to fill out a special event application form prior to their event being permitted and enter into a formal user agreement with HCA.
To make arrangements for your special event, please contact Confederation Beach Park at 905-547-6141. Click here for more information on pavilion rentals.
Take a scenic stroll, bike ride or skate along the 4.3 kilometre Hamilton Beach Trail. This promenade connects to the Waterfront Trail that runs another 4.2 kms west to Burlington ship canal. Picturesque views of the shoreline and plenty of park space make this a perfect spot for any outing.
Lakeland Pool and Splash Pad
Pool is now closed for the 2017 season. The splash pad is open daily, weather permitting.
Lifeguards are on duty at the pool and it has a depth of 4 feet. Click here for admission fees to Lakeland Pool.
Weddings and rentals of the Lakeview are through Carmen's, and bookings can be made by calling 905-383-4100 ext. 223.