DO YOU LIVE IN THE GREENHILL, HANNON, UPPER DAVIS OR UPPER OTTAWA CREEK SUBWATERSHED?
Look on the map below to find out what subwatershed you live in.
STEWARDSHIP ACTION PLANS FOR GREENHILL, HANNON, UPPER DAVIS AND UPPER OTTAWA CREEKS
These subwatersheds lie on the table lands of the Niagara Escarpment. They are unique in that they are able to support a variety of different land uses, including: residential housing, commercial and industrial operations and recreation while at the same time including some of Hamilton’s most significant natural areas. As a result, these subwatersheds pose unique challenges with respect to watershed management. For this reason, these subwatersheds have been identified as a priority for stewardship action.
Our daily activities can have harmful effects on these ecosystems. Some of these effects are already evident in these subwatersheds of Red Hill Creek, but if everyone works together then we can help to heal our environment for today and future generations.
In 2012, the Hamilton Conservation Authority, in cooperation with local agencies, businesses and residents, developed environmental Action Plans for these subwatersheds of Red Hill Creek.
The Action Plans identified environmental stresses in these areas including occurrences like: not enough trees and shrubs along creeks, pollution from stormwater runoff and land use changes, etc. Stewardship Actions relating to education outreach, scientific studies and habitat restoration were developed to help alleviate these stresses.
READ THE PLANS ONLINE
Click on the links below to read the Action Plan for your area.
- Greenhill, Hannon, Upper Davis and Upper Ottawa Creeks Stewardship Action Plans – Main Document
- Greenhill Creek Subwatershed Stewardship Action Plan
- Hannon Creek Subwatershed Stewardship Action Plan
- Upper Davis Creek Subwatershed Stewardship Action Plan
- Upper Ottawa Creek Subwatershed Stewardship Action Plan
Appendices available on request.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- Get a group of friends or neighbours together to help us undertake some of the Actions for your community.
- Click here for a list of community programs that you can join.
- Provide comments to the Conservation Authority.
- Tell your friends and neighbours about our project.
If you are interested in helping to implement these Action Plans or have any questions or comments about the project, please contact:
Hamilton Conservation Authority
P.O. Box 81067, 838 Mineral Springs Rd.
Ancaster, ON L9G 4X1
905-525-2181, ext. 165