Valens Lake Conservation Area Rules and Regulations
Area Rules and Regulations
- Entry and Camping are subject to the Conservation Authorities Act, Ontario Regulation 109/90.
- TOTAL ALCOHOL BAN – Possession or consumption may result in evictions and/or charges laid.
- A maximum of 6 people and 3 shelters and one camper unit are permitted on each site.
- Campers must not deface, remove or damage any property in the Conservation Area. All Vegetation and wildlife are not to be disturbed in any way.
- Fires are to be built only in fireplaces or spaces provided. In some areas, only community fire circles are available.
- Quiet Time/Radio Ban is 10:30 PM – 8 AM. Unnecessary noise at any time is prohibited.
- Check-in time is 2 PM and Check-out time is 1 PM
- Visitors must leave the Conservation Area by sunset.
- Additional vehicles must be registered at the gate. A maximum of two vehicles allowed on site.
- Dogs and other pets must be kept on a leash at all times and are not permitted in the Beach Area. Please clean up after your animal.
- Firearms and Fireworks are strictly prohibited.
- Swimming is allowed only in the Beach Area during daylight hours. No Lifeguards on duty – swim at your own risk. Please see posted Beach Regulations.
- Refuse and recyclable materials are to be placed in the proper receptacles provided.
- The use of all motorized vehicles will be confined to the areas as designated and must conform to the Highway Traffic Act.
- The Hamilton Conservation Authority reserves the right to bar entrance or eject any person, or persons whom the Authority deems detrimental to the Operation of the Conservation Area.
Campsite Reservation Policies
- Reservations can be made up to one year in advance for the reservation period of the May Long Weekend to Thanksgiving Weekend.
- A reservation fee of $13.27 + HST applies to each campsite reservation. Reservation fee is non-refundable.
- All campsite reservation must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- A modification or cancellation to a reservation will incur an additional non-refundable service fee of $8.50 + HST per campsite reservation.
- Cancellations will be accepted until the day prior to the arrival date and must be made during the park’s operating hours (8 AM to 9 PM) If cancelled after 1 PM on the day prior to arrival, 1-night camping fee is forfeited (added)
- If no cancellation is requested, then no refund will be processed.
- Campers who shorten their stay after arriving at Valens Lake Conservation Area during the summer period will be refunded 50% of any unused camper nights, except on long weekends when campers will receive no refund.