The Security Officer is responsible for ensuring that every park visitor can have a peaceful, enjoyable visit and ensures that the area property and resources are protected. The position will also have some general maintenance duties.
The Security Officer shall carry out duties assigned by the Park Manger or Assistant Manager, such as but not restricted to;
- Assist with the park's enforcement programme.
- Provide accurate information and assistance to park visitors in a courteous and hospitable manner.
- Respond tactfully to complaints and requests for assistance from the public
- Explain and promote Park rules and regulations (e.g. Dogs must be leased)
- Issue verbal warnings and document violations and significant occurrence
- Engage in general park maintenance duties
- Refer occurrences or violations of a serious or criminal nature to the Regional Police.
- Check and secure buildings and facilities.
- Provide First Aid care to park visitors in distress and render assistance in emergency situations, including traffic and crowd control, and emergency maintenance.
- Report all accidents and unsafe situations.
• A secondary school graduate with post-secondary education in a Law and Security programme, Park Management programme or previous experience in a similar or related field.
• Applicants must possess their private security license as mandated by the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
• A valid driver's licence is necessary.
• A valid First Aid certificate is an asset.
• Previous experience dealing with the public
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, demonstrating good interpersonal skills when speaking to the public or other park staff.
• Work weekends, holidays, during afternoon / evening hours, in various weather conditions, often alone.
• Meet and inform the public of pertinent information regarding the Conservation Authority, including policy, regulations, activities, and of the park layout and facilities.
JOB CLASSIFICATION & WORK TERM:
CASUAL HOURLY wage starting at $15.00. Position is based at Fifty Point Conservation Area, 1479 Baseline Road, Winona, ON. This seasonal position requires the officer to work 40 hours per week, afternoon, night and weekend shifts (including holiday weekends) which are regularly scheduled. Position to start in June 2020.
Please apply by sending resume to Nancy.Arnold@conservationhamilton.ca