Gate Staff Person
Fifty Point Conservation Area
(Part time Casual position)
Fifty Point Conservation Area is approximately 98 hectares in size and is located in Stoney Creek (formerly Winona). The property located on the south shore of Lake Ontario straddles the town line between Hamilton and Grimsby with half of the conservation area containing the campground and beach being in Grimsby. The area is comprised of a 340 slip full service marina, 74 site full service campground, picnic and day use/beach areas and a fishing pond.
The Gate Staff Person position shall carry out duties assigned by the Manager, such as but not restricted to:
- Providing quality customer service when greeting visitors and providing information regarding Fifty Point, campground bookings, facility use and general inquires
- Process day-use admissions, camping reservations, sell membership passes using a cash register and POS machines
- Perform administrative tasks related to the gatehouse operations, including, cash handling and reporting, day to day management of campground reservations and any other duties as assigned
- Respond tactfully to visitor’s complaints and requests either by phone, email or in person
- Explain and promote conservation area rules and regulations (e.g. Dogs must be on a leash) and advertise other Hamilton Conservation Areas
- Keep gatehouse and immediate area clean and presentable
- Report any incidents, accidents and unsafe situations.
- Any other duties as assigned to assist the team effort
- Knowledge and past experience with the operation of cash registers and POS machines
- Experience working with cash, cash reporting (DCR’s), calculating change
- Basic computer skills, experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Work is required
- Effective communication and customer service skills, comfortable dealing with the general public
- CAMIS experience an asset
CASUAL HOURLY with a start rate of $15.00 per hour. The Gate Staff person will work at Fifty Point Conservation Area in Winona. This position is classified as year-round casual, working only weekends from November to March and then during our busy season, April through October, will be scheduled up to and including 40 hours per week. Some weekend and public holiday work may be required. This position is anticipated to start immediately and will run until December with an annual renewal based on performance.
The successful candidate must meet the Province of Ontario’s definition of COVID-19 “fully vaccinated” or provide proof of a Human Rights Code exemption prior to commencement of their employment in accordance with HCA’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
If you are interested in the opportunity to be a Gate Staff person, please send resume and cover letter to the attention of Nancy Watts, Director of Human Resources and Wellness, via email to, email@example.com. Please put the job title in the subject line of your email.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process; applicants are asked to inform Human Resources for any disability required accommodations in advance.
Only those who possess the qualifications/skills/attitude the panel are seeking, will receive an interview for this opportunity.