The Hamilton Conservation Authority currently has the following summer employment opportunity:
Summer Student Position
Posted February 11, 2020
This is a summer position in HCA’s Finance/Payroll Department.
The Revenues Clerk summer student reports to the Budget and Business Systems Manager and is required to perform a variety of accounting and payroll functions in response to the increased summer activities of the Hamilton Conservation Authority and Conservation Foundation.
Specific duties will include:
- Reviewing daily sales and cash receipts, and matching of same to deposit slips.
- Summarizing daily sales and cash reports, for entry onto general ledger.
- Analysis of transactions accounts.
- Sorting and filing of documents.
- Sorting and matching of employee tax forms and health and safety tests to hire letters.
- Entering and confirming employee information into accounting system.
- Providing reception coverage when necessary.
- Assisting others within the general administration area, as required.
- Other duties as assigned to assist the team effort at HCA.
- 1st, 2nd or 3rd year student with post-secondary studies in accounting, commerce, or business administration.
- Experience in accounting and related recording procedures.
- Experience in the current version of Microsoft Office (including Excel and Word).
- Tact, maturity, and an ability to maintain good relations with the general public and other employees.
- Organizations skills, attention to detail and maintaining confidentiality is required.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be responsible for producing neat accurate work in a demanding, smoke-free environment.
- MUST have own transportation to and from work. (The HCA office is not on a public transportation system).
The office is located at 838 Mineral Springs Road, Ancaster, Ontario. Normal work hours will be weekdays, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Work Term and Rate of Pay
- Summer of 2020 (May 4, 2020 to August 28, 2020 - negotiable).
- 37 ½ hours per week (8.30am -4.30pm).
- Remuneration – $15.00/hr.
If you are interested, please send your cover letter and resume in PDF or MS Word format via email by 4pm February 28, 2020 to:
Hamilton Conservation Authority
Attn: Human Resources
P.O. Box 81067
838 Mineral Springs Road
Ancaster, ON L9G 4X1
E-mail: email@example.com (please specify job title in subject line)