Gate Staff Person
Fifty Point Conservation Area - Part time Casual position
Fifty Point Conservation Area Marina is approximately 85 hectares in size and is located in Stoney Creek (formerly Winona). The property located on the south shore of Lake Ontario straddles the town line between Hamilton and Grimsby with half of the conservation area containing the campground and beach being in Grimsby.
The area is comprised of a 340 slip full service marina, 74 site full service campground, picnic and day use/beach areas and a fishing pond. The park is also home to the Limani at Fifty Restaurant, the Ontario Ball Hockey League and the Ingledale House, a historic residence.
The Gate Staff Person position shall carry out duties assigned by the Manager, such as but not restricted to:
- Providing quality customer service when greeting visitors and providing information regarding Fifty Point, campground bookings, facility use and general inquires
- Process day-use admissions, camping reservations, sell membership passes using a cash register and POS machines
- Perform administrative tasks related to the gatehouse operations, including, cash handling and reporting, day to day management of campground reservations and any other duties as assigned
- Respond tactfully to visitors complaints and requests either by phone, email or in person
- Explain and promote conservation area rules and regulations (e.g. Dogs must be on a leash) and advertise other Hamilton Conservation Areas
- Keep gatehouse and immediate area clean and presentable
- Report any incidents, accidents and unsafe situations.
- Any other duties as assigned to assist the team effort
- Knowledge and past experience with the operation of cash registers and POS machines
- Experience working with cash, cash reporting (DCR’s), calculating change
- Basic computer skills, experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Work is required
- Effective communication and customer service skills, comfortable dealing with the general public
JOB CLASSIFICATION & WORK TERM:
CASUAL HOURLY with a start rate of $14.00 per hour. The Gate Staff person will work at Fifty Point Conservation Area in Winona. This position is classified as year round casual, working only weekends from November to March and then during our busy season, April through October, will be scheduled up to and including 40 hours per week. Some weekend and public holiday work may be required. This position is anticipated to start immediately and will run until December with an annual renewal based on performance.
Interested applicants should email their resume and covering letter, by 4 pm on Monday, August 20, 2018, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (please quote “Fifty Point Gatehouse” in subject line and send in MS Word or PDF format)
Although we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process; applicants are asked to inform Human Resources for any disability required accommodations in advance.