Join our team at Christie Lake Conservation Area
We are seeking six (6) contract employees for weekends and holidays from now until October 29, including Thanksgiving Monday. If you enjoy working with people, are active and outgoing, please apply via email or fax with our application form and resume. Applications are now being accepted, so apply today!
Position will be carrying out both job descriptions below, on an as-needed basis.
Maintenance staff are required, with various levels of skills and experience, at all areas. These positions assist in the maintenance of the grounds, including collecting litter, cleaning washrooms, operating small power equipment, including weed-whips, leaf-blowers and pressure-washers. Starting rate is minimum wage.
Cashiers/Attendants Duties include collecting park admission, engaging customers and visitors with information on our annual vehicle pass and general public relations. Attendants are responsible for handling money, tickets and cards, therefore, quick and accurate transactions are required to maintain our high service standards. Starting rate is minimum wage.
Applying is easy! Please fill out our online application form , choosing Christie Lake Conservation Area. You can also complete our MS Word application form, save and send as an attachment, along with a detailed resume (if available) and cover letter. You may also choose to FAX the completed application along with your resume by either printing out the MS Word application or the PDF version once you have filled in all of your information.
Christie Lake Conservation Area
Attn: Cari Hobbs
Phone: 905-628-3060, ext. 202
Fax: 905- 628-1316
Although we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ELIGIBILITY FOR NEW AND RETURNING CONTRACT EMPLOYEES
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Please ensure you have indicated a contact number on your resume where you can be reached during the school semester, as well as an alternate contact number. We also ask that you include your email address, if you have one.
- A Social Insurance Number will be required at the time of hire.
- A void cheque or a direct deposit form completed by your bank for payroll purposes (direct deposit) will also be required upon hire
- You must return all required paperwork and online safety training by the first day of work; otherwise you will not be able to start