DZ Septic Truck Driver
This position main duty includes the operation of our septic waste haulage truck for our HCA owned and operated facilities. The position also assists with a wide range of restoration and construction projects within all HCA owned Conservation Areas during the remainder of the year, including infrastructure upgrades to: buildings, fences, roads, parking lots, trails, pedestrian bridges, and utility services. This position plays an important role within the Capital Projects & Strategic Services division and reports directly to the Construction Foreman, while providing support for the Construction Projects Manager. This position requires demonstrated skills from previous in field experience.
Job Functions & Tasks
- Primary Operator of the Septic Waste Truck
- Occasional operation of other heavy trucks and floats (if AZ licensed), including light dump trucks (standard or automatic transmission) within our Authority for the purpose of hauling aggregate, topsoil, fill, or garbage debris to and from our parks or other HCA owned properties when required.
- Assist with construction/landscape tasks undertaken such as trail development, laying sod, utilities installation (sewer, water, hydro), concrete work, bridges and boardwalks, fencing, tree planting and removal.
- Operation of various types of power tools and equipment relating specifically to the construction trade and driving various types of HCA trucks, equipment and rental equipment.
- Minor plumbing and fitting of electrical conduits for utility service
- Have the ability to lift 50+ lbs. and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must enjoy working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Carry out any other duties and tasks as assigned to support the team effort at HCA.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- DZ driver’s license (AZ an asset) with clean abstract and knowledge of safe working practices as related to the industry.
- Must be able to operate D Class Trucks using standard transmissions.
- Applicants should possess 5+ years of experience in a construction/landscape setting as well as knowledge of common construction/landscape practices.
- High school diploma as a minimum (post-secondary a definite asset).
- Applicants must demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be available to work on evenings, weekends and holidays as required during our busy season throughout the parks
- Other certifications such as; Fall Arrest, First Aid, and Man-lift, Confined Space would be an asset.
This position is located at the Millgrove Works Yard of the Hamilton Conservation Authority, located at 594 5th Concession West, Millgrove, Ont. Hours of work generally fall between 8am – 4:30 pm, with a half-hour unpaid lunch and is based on a 40-hour work week, Monday through Friday. Work outside of these hours may be required on occasion. This contract will run until Dec. 24, 2021, with consideration for renewal given on an annual basis.
This is a contract position an hourly rate starting at $22.75 per hour or more based on experience. Progression through the pay range band where this position has been graded will be based on contract renewal on an annual basis.
Interested applicants should email resume and covering letter by 5:00 pm, Wednesday August 4, 2021 to:
Hamilton Conservation Authority
Attention: Director of Human Resources and Wellness
(Please quote “DZ Septic Truck Driver” in subject line and send in MS Word or PDF format)
Although we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process; applicants are asked to inform Human Resources for any disability required accommodations in advance.