Looking to hold a large special event in one of our conservation areas? See below for information and application forms to apply.
Interested parties must submit a Special Event Application to host a special event on any portion of property owned/managed by the Hamilton Conservation Authority (designated areas such as pavilions or group areas are exempt) and/or if the event includes ANY of the following elements:
- Food being given or sold to the general public at an event
- Sound amplification
- Area closures (partial or full)
- The use of electricity (you are plugging into an outlet for power and / or using a
- Tents larger than 10 feet x 10 feet
- Amusement Rides and /or inflatable’s (i.e. bouncy castles)
Please read the Special Event Guideline in its entirety BEFORE you submit an application.
Applications must be received 90 DAYS in advance of the proposed event.
Standard event applications can take 5 - 10 business days to approve, however larger scale events, requiring added elements or area closures may exceed this timeline. Any event application may be subject to Board of Director approval and will be presented at the nearest scheduled monthly meeting.
Please submit application to:
Fax: 905-648-4622, Attention: Sarah Gauden
Mail or drop off to:
PO BOX 81068, 838 Mineral Springs Road
Ancaster, ON L9G 4X1