The Hamilton Conservation Authority has the following casual employment opportunity:
Conservation Area Attendant – Dundas Valley Conservation Area
The Hamilton Conservation Authority (HCA) is currently seeking a part time casual staff to work at the Trail Centre in the Dundas Valley Conservation Area starting immediately and running until November 15th with possibility for extension.
The Trail Centre staff is the main point of contact for visitors to the Dundas Valley Conservation Area. The staff will provide an excellent customer service experience for visitors to the conservation area and inform visitors of natural hazard information, trail conditions, auxiliary conservation areas and other conservation areas/events at the Hamilton Conservation Authority in general. The staff will also run a concession stand and perform daily custodial duties at the Trail Centre to maintain a clean and inviting atmosphere. Duties will include regular disinfection of the building and ensure the building does not exceed capacity during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Greet and respond to conservation area visitor’s needs and provide direction/advice
- Answer phone calls, respond to e-mails and general inquiries
- Provide information about the Dundas Valley Conservation Area, trails, etiquette and other nearby conservation areas
- Promote and sell HCA’s annual membership pass program and rewards
- Run a cash register
- Opening and closing down the building
- Custodial duties and building maintenance including sweeping, mopping, cleaning bathrooms & maintaining a safe food preparation environment
- Ensuring no more than 5 people are inside the building at any given time & enforcing mask bylaws
- Doing inventory on concession stocks and other supplies
- Other related duties as assigned
- Ability to interact positively with management, co-workers, and range of client groups to maintain a positive and professional approach is essential
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Willing to perform regular custodial duties
- 1 – 2 years previous related experience in hospitality, business or recreation an asset
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Outgoing personality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work as a team member and to work independently with limited direction when required
- Experience running a cash register
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Valid Ontario driver’s license
This position will be based at the Dundas Valley Trail Centre at 650 Governors Rd, Dundas and will report to the Superintendent of Dundas Valley Conservation Area. There is no public transportation to this location. The trail centre operates 7 days a week and the position may include weekend and holiday scheduling.
Rate of Pay:
This is a casual position, hourly rate is $14.00/hour. There is an opportunity to buy a discounted annual membership pass to the Hamilton Conservation Authority and to receive discounted admissions to other area attractions.
If you are interested, please send your cover letter and resume in PDF or MS Word format via email to Carissa.firstname.lastname@example.org
Although we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process; applicants are asked to inform Human Resources for any disability required accommodations in advance.