Citizen Opportunity – HCA Conservation Advisory Board
HCA is seeking up to 6 watershed residents to join the Conservation Advisory Board (CAB)
The Hamilton Conservation Authority (HCA) is one of Ontario’s 36 Conservation Authorities dedicated to protecting, restoring, and enhancing our local natural environment. The CAB reviews and provides input on various HCA programs, projects, and recommendations brought forward by staff, or as identified by the Board of Directors, within their terms of reference. A list of example projects and programs is available in the CAB Terms of Reference in HCA’s Administrative By-law. Please note that these citizen opportunities are for an advisory board and not the Board of Directors.
Eligibility and Qualifications
Appointment to CAB will be made providing adherence to the following requirements:
• Citizen members must live within the HCA watershed
• Citizen members must possess experience and/or expertise with environmental/natural resource issues and/or outdoor recreation/operations, which may include volunteer experience
• Demonstrated participation in groups or initiatives with goals relevant to the Conservation Advisory Board will be preferred.
Regular meetings of the CAB are scheduled on a bi-monthly basis, up to 6 meetings per year (currently meetings are designated as February, April, June, August, October, and December). Meetings will be held on the second Thursday at 4 PM and may be held at various locations across the HCA watershed to facilitate site visits or at the HCA Main office located in Ancaster. CAB members receive mileage reimbursement and a per diem for meeting attendance.
Term of Appointments
Citizen appointments to CAB are for a 4-year appointment period with an option for an additional 4-year term under the current terms of reference.
We welcome you to submit your application!
Applicants must submit an expression of interest consisting of a resume and cover letter outlining their eligibility and qualifications. Selected applicants must attend an interview and those recommended by the interview committee will be endorsed and approved by a report to the HCA Board of Directors.
If you are interested in joining CAB, we encourage you to read the terms of reference and submit a resume and cover letter by Friday, December 2, 2022, at 4 PM via email to: Jaime.Tellier@conservationhamilton.ca
(Please quote “Citizen Opportunity CAB” in the subject line and send in MS Word or PDF format)
• Please be aware that successful applicants must meet the Province of Ontario’s definition of COVID-19 “fully vaccinated” or provide proof of a Human Rights Code exemption prior to the commencement of their appointment in accordance with HCA’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
• Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process; applicants are asked to inform of any disability-required accommodations in advance.
• Although we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted