Earth Day 2017
Posted April 22, 2017
On Saturday, April 22 we celebrate Earth Day across the globe. It’s a day to reflect on how important the environment is to our future. It’s also a day to kick start new habits that mother nature will thank you for. Did you know that an average car puts out 8,320 pounds of CO2 into the atmosphere each year? Or that every year we fill enough garbage trucks to form a line that would stretch from the earth, halfway to the moon?
With your help we can reduce waste and protect our planet. Here are some tips on how you can make a difference:
- Participate in a community clean up
- Plant a tree (bonus points if you join Forests Ontario’s Green Leaf Challenge)
- Pack litterless meals
- Opt for a reusable water bottle over bottled water
- Reduce idling in your vehicle
- Carpool with friends and family
- Plant native species in your garden
- Recycle items appropriately
- Purchase an HCA Membership Pass to support Hamilton Conservation Areas
Together we can make a difference. Happy Earth Day!