- Christie Lake trail event Oct. 12
- Equestrians - Dundas Valley restrictions Oct. 11 & 18
- Trail across Christie Lake dam closed Oct. 13 to end of November
- HCA Main Office Closed October 14
- October Budget and Administration Meeting Cancelled
- Lafarge Trail Reroute
- There is no trail access between Tew Falls and Webster Falls
- Waterfall Shuttle runs until October 27
- Conservation Advisory Board Meeting Agenda October 10 Thursday, October 10, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. HCA Main Office, 838 Mineral Springs Road, Ancaster, ONFull...more
- October Budget and Administration Meeting Cancelled The Budget and Administration meeting scheduled for Thursday, October 17 has been CANCELLED....more
Current Water Levels
Low Water Level Status:
Lake Ontario Shoreline Status:
Water Level Explanations
Generally indicates low flow to base flow conditions. It should be noted that during Normal flow conditions, the inherent risk to personal safety associated with flowing water still exists.
Flows are below 70 percent of their normal summer low flow. Water users are asked to reduce their consumption by 10 per cent.
Flows are below 50 percent of their normal summer low flow. Water users are asked to reduce their consumption by 20 per cent.
Flows are below 30 percent of their normal summer low flow and there is potential for economic harm to water takers and/or significant harm to the ecosystem. The Water Response Team may ask the province to impose mandatory restrictions on those holding Permits to Take Water.
Flood Status Explanations
No flood conditions exist.
|Watershed Conditions Statement - Water Safety
High flows, unsafe banks, melting ice or other factors that could be dangerous for recreational users such as anglers, canoeists, hikers, children, pets, etc. Flooding is not expected.
|Watershed Conditions Statement - Flood Outlook
Early notice of the potential for flooding based on weather forecasts calling for heavy rain, snow melt, high wind or other conditions that could lead to high runoff, cause ice jams, lakeshore flooding or erosion.
Flooding is possible in specific watercourses or municipalities. Municipalities, emergency services and individual landowners in flood-prone areas should prepare.
Flooding is imminent or already occurring in specific watercourses or municipalities. Municipalities and individuals should take action to deal with flood conditions. This may include road closures and evacuations.