Water Quality and Habitat Improvement Program
Interested in improving water quality and habitat on your property? Need some guidance on the best kind of project or how to design it? Need funding to put the plan into action? The program is designed to help landowners with all of this.
- Contact the Hamilton-Halton Watershed Stewardship (HHWSP) staff member in your area (Hamilton or Halton) for a free site visit at your property.
- Work with HHWSP staff to design a water quality or wildlife habitat improvement project on your property.
- Acquire all necessary permits.
- If the project is eligible to apply for financial assistance from the HHWSP, complete a financial assistance application form with help from HHWSP staff.
- Submit the completed application form to HHWSP.
- HHWSP will present the application to its application review committee.
- You will be notified by letter to tell you whether or not your application has been approved.
- Once your application has been approved start the project with assistance from HHWSP staff.
|Project Category||Eligible Projects|
|Livestock Waste Management||Livestock Restriction, Alternate Watering Devices, Crossings|
|Clean Water Diversion/Barnyard Runoff Control|
|Milkhouse Washwater Disposal|
|Water and Sediment Control Basins|
|Drop Inlets, Spillways, and Rock Chutes|
|Habitat Restoration or Enhancement||In-stream|