This position assists in the maintenance of the grounds and pool/beach areas, including collecting litter, cleaning washrooms, cutting grass, operating small power equipment, including weed-whips, leaf-blowers and pressure-washers. This position also requires a valid class G driver’s license. Starting rate is minimum wage.
This position is a full-time seasonal position for the summer and applicants must be available to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and holidays as required and scheduled as these are some of our busiest days for the public. If you enjoy working with people, are active and outgoing, please review the job description and apply via email or fax with our application form and resume. All staff (both new and returning) will be required to attend a mandatory orientation / training session.
Applying is easy! Please complete our MS Word application form found on line, save and send as an attachment, with your resume and cover letter to any of the parks listed below, indicating the position of interest. You may also want to indicate in your cover letter the position you are applying for. You can also choose to FAX the completed application along with your resume by either printing out the MS Word application or the PDF version once you have filled in all of your information.
Confederation Beach Park
Attn: Jonathan Roberts, Assistant Superintendent
Phone: 905-547-6141, ext. 5003
Due to the volume of applications and resumes received, we are able to respond only to those applicants selected to attend an interview.
Although we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ELIGIBILITY FOR NEW AND RETURNING SUMMER EMPLOYEES
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted to attend that interview at Confederation Beach Park
- Please ensure you have indicated a contact number on your resume where you can be reached. We also ask that you include your email address if you have one.
- Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process; applicants are asked to inform Human Resources for any disability required accommodations in advance.
- A Social Insurance Number will be required at the time of hire.
- A void cheque or a direct deposit form completed by your bank for payroll purposes (direct deposit) will also be required upon hire
- You must return all required paperwork and online safety training to the park where you have been hired by the first day of work; otherwise, you will not be able to start