Date(s) - Fri. Oct 27, 2017
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Westfield Heritage Village
Event runs: October 27 & 28
In traditional fairy tales, the forest is the setting for mystery, adventure and, often, the unexpected. Westfield Heritage Village is taking its cue from these traditional stories and invites you to take part in a special Halloween celebration that will take place on two evenings – Friday October 27th and Saturday October 28th from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m.
For these two evenings only, Westfield’s already beautiful forest trails are being transformed into a magical nighttime experience. Choose a pathway and enjoy a delightful Pumpkin Walk, sparkling Illuminated Forest and unique Fairy Village.
In the historic village, there will be so much to see and do!
- Enter a barn and experience the wonder of a traditional shadow play.
- Take a seat in the one room schoolhouse and make a craft featuring a very special white cow.
- Set out on a scavenger hunt to search for Cinderella’s golden slipper, Red Riding Hood’s Cape and more.
- Visit the broom makers in their shop, then step next door to meet Mastro Geppetto at his workbench.
- Little ones will enjoy strapping on some fairy wings and dancing under twinkling lights in the bandstand.
While this is an all-ages event, two clearly marked areas are for the very brave only. Journey to the Haunted Train Station for some heart-pounding fun or venture over the covered bridge to a little place in the woods where nature seems to have taken a wrong turn.
The Ancaster Lions will be serving reasonably priced, delicious snacks and warm drinks at the Ironwood Hall.
For more information visit www.westfieldheritage.ca
Buy your tickets in online in advance here! Tickets also available at the gate.
HCA Members receive free entry into Westfield’s public programming, for 6 people, including a maximum of 2 adults.