Date(s) - Fri. Jan 27, 2017
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Cover Crop Innovation for Field Crops
Friday January 27, 2017
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Foods & Rural Affairs
1 Stone Road, Guelph, ON
Register at Ecological Farmers Association of Ontario website.
EFAO Member Price: $40.00; Non-Member Price: $60.00
In this workshop, presented by the Ecological Farmers Association of Ontario, field crop farmers will share their experimentations and experiences with cover crops including cocktail mixes, equipment options, successes and challenges, and advice on getting started.
- Dustin Mulock, Woodville, ON. Dustin runs a large no-till cash crop operation with his dad in the Kawartha Lakes region. He has been experimenting with cover crop mixes along with strip-till, planting green, bio-strips and a roller crimper.
- Todd White, Watford, ON. Todd farms on the cutting edge; he is transitioning to a no-till organic system with field crops using cover crops, a roller crimper and a lot of innovation.
- Ken Laing, Aylmer, ON. One of Ontario’s original soil & cover crop gurus, Ken uses cover crops and manure in his CSA vegetable and field crop system to build soil fertility.
- Anne Verhallen, Anne is the Soil Management Specialist for Horticulture with OMAFRA and works with cover crops and farmers across the province.
- Moderated by Melisa Luymes, Moorefield, ON. Mel is a cover crop cheerleader and involved with the Innovative Farmers Association of Ontario
Looking for a ride? Check out the carpool opportunities in your area!