The Hamilton Conservation Authority currently has a 50 Week Contract opportunity for a:
Fleet & Forestry Skilled Labourer
The position assists the Fleet and Forestry Division of the Hamilton Conservation Authority. The position will work closely with the mechanical and forestry staff on a project by project basic.
Job Functions & Tasks
Working alongside Mechanical staff when required to complete the following:
- Pickup and Delivery of equipment and ordered parts
- General equipment maintenance
- General yard maintenance
- Unloading deliveries
- Snow removal, salt/sanding and snow clearing at various conservation areas
- Providing lawn maintenance assistance to various conservation areas.
- Other tasks as assigned
Must be comfortable towing a trailer with a piece of equipment.
Working alongside Arborist when required to complete the following:
- Removal of logs from the various Conservation Areas
- Operating a tractor and skidder/logger wagon to remove the logs
- Stump grinding
- Working a chainsaw to remove branches
- Other tasks as assigned
Must be comfortable towing a logger wagon
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- Be creative, flexible and capable of solving problems on regular basis relating to forestry, equipment and mechanics
- Chainsaw Course Certified
- Basic mechanical skills
- Must have a valid G driver’s license, DZ license preferred.
- Good manual dexterity and ability to work well in a team
- Able to tolerate exposure to moderate amounts of noise, dust, grit, oil/grease, fumes and hot/sharp metals.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Able to efficiently use, operate and maintain tools and diagnostic equipment
- Able to organize, clean and maintain a safe work area
Position is located at the Millgrove Works Yard of the Hamilton Conservation Authority, located at 594 5th Concession West, Millgrove, Ont. Hours of work generally fall between 8am – 4:30 pm, with a half-hour unpaid lunch based on a 40-hour work week, Monday through Friday. Work outside of these hours or work at other Hamilton Conservation Authority areas may be required and assigned.
This is a contract position with a starting at $17.50 per hour (2019). Potential for a contract renewal will be reviewed at the end of 50 weeks.
Interested applicants should email resume and covering letter by 5 pm on Friday, September 20, 2019 to:
Hamilton Conservation Authority
Attention: Director of Human Resources and Wellness
(Please quote “Fleet/Forestry Labourer” in subject line and send in MS Word or PDF format)
Although we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process; applicants are asked to inform Human Resources for any disability required accommodations in advance.