The Marketing Coordinator will work as a staff member of the Marketing and Events Department, which is responsible for marketing, event, public relations, community education, customer, staff and member services. Specific duties will involve engaging in journalism and marketing duties and responding to information inquiries from the general public
- Work with other departments of the HCA to promote the conservation areas and the customer experience across the watershed.
- Work with conservation areas, Westfield Heritage Village and Wild Waterworks to assist with internal marketing efforts.
- Assist with media buy for print, radio and digital
- Writing and creation of brochures, radio scripts, media releases and other marketing materials
- Assist Social Media and Graphics Assistant with HCA social media accounts.
- Create materials and seek out sponsorships for HCA events such as the Equestrian Ride and Christie Antique & Vintage Show, as well as Westfield events
- Seek out third-party events for conservation areas where appropriate to generate additional revenues for the conservation areas.
- Maintain current community partnerships and coordinate new partnership opportunities
- Assist conservation areas with planning events for conservation area visitors, including strengthening current events and sourcing new ones, possibly in partnership with other organizations
- Work in conjunction with the Marketing Department in the development and hosting of special events to enhance revenue streams on present operational programs and any new opportunities.
Other duties as assigned.
- This position also will assist with reception coverage.
- A university degree or college diploma in journalism, public relations, marketing or related program along with a minimum one to three years’ experience in a similar position.
- Demonstrated knowledge and a proven track record in the areas of:
- Social media administration and monitoring & updates
- Event planning
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs is a must along with web application and web design programs and graphic and audio-visual creation
- Experience and ability to create accessible documents as per AODA
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with a variety of customers, visitors, staff and other stakeholders
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills with strong proof reading and editing skills
- Knowledge of HCA watershed
- Strong knowledge of audio-visual equipment
- A valid class G driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required to attend site visits, open houses and special events as public transportation is not available to most of our areas
- Ability to work independently in a seasonally high volume environment while at the same time, being able to work as part of close knit team
- Self-starter, self-motivated and goal-oriented
The position will be located at the Conservation Authority's Administrative Office, 838 Mineral Springs Road, Ancaster. Travel to other HCA-owned and managed facilities will be required. This position is for 37.5 hours per week at 7.5 hours per day. Weekend and evening work will be required, particularly during the summer recreation season and for major HCA events.
This is a contract position. Hourly rate ranging from $20.00 to $22.00 based on experience. 4% vacation pay will be added to each pay.
If you are interested in the opportunity to be a Marketing Coordinator, please send resume and cover letter to the attention of Nancy Watts, Director of Human Resources and Wellness, at the Woodend main office by 4pm Friday, February 15, 2019 via email, firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include job title in email subject line)