Conservation Areas Summer Employment Opportunities
Join our team this summer and contribute to the environment and your community.
Life in the outdoors is always fun and our conservation areas are preparing for their 2017 operations. This is your chance to learn about Hamilton Conservation Authority (HCA) and make a contribution to its success. We have a variety of opportunities to choose from at our conservation areas / parks/ facilities, for students, seniors and adults.
Work in a fun, outdoor environment! We offer training for all positions. The majority of our openings are full-time seasonal positions for the summer and applicants must be available to work weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and holidays as required and scheduled as these are some of our busiest days for the public.
If you enjoy working with people, are active and outgoing, please review the opportunities listed below that we have available at our conservation areas and apply via email or fax with our application form and resume.
Applications are now being accepted, so apply today! All staff (both new and returning) will be required to attend a mandatory orientation / training session.
Only current available positions are for Grounds Maintenance at Confederation Beach Park. Positions also available at Wild Waterworks, see note above.
Maintenance staff are required, with various levels of skills and experience, at all areas. These positions assist in the maintenance of the grounds and pool / beach areas, including collecting litter, cleaning washrooms, cutting grass, operating small power equipment, including weed-whips, leaf-blowers and pressure-washers. A few positions will also involve trail maintenance, where background with tree-pruning and forestry is preferred. Experience driving pick-up trucks and landscape trailers is considered an asset for positions in the Dundas Valley. Positions in some of our Conservation Areas will also require a valid class G driver’s license. Starting rate is minimum wage.
Applying is easy! Please complete our MS Word application form, save and send as an attachment, and/or your resume and cover letter to any of the parks listed below, indicating the position of interest. You may also choose to FAX the completed application along with your resume by either printing out the MS Word application or the PDF version once you have filled in all of your information.
|Confederation Beach Park
Attn: Bruce Harschnitz
Please be advised that interviews will be scheduled commencing February or March 2017. Due to the volume of applications and resumes received, we are able to respond only to those applicants selected to attend an interview.
Although we appreciate the interest of all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
ELIGIBILITY FOR NEW AND RETURNING SUMMER EMPLOYEES
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted to attend that interview at the conservation area/park/facility to which you applied.
- If you are away at school, a telephone interview may be arranged.
- Please ensure you have indicated a contact number on your resume where you can be reached during the school semester, as well as an alternate contact number. We also ask that you include your email address, if you have one.
- Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process; applicants are asked to inform Human Resources for any disability required accommodations in advance.
- A Social Insurance Number will be required at the time of hire.
- A void cheque or a direct deposit form completed by your bank for payroll purposes (direct deposit) will also be required upon hire
- You must return all required paperwork and online safety training to the park where you have been hired by the first day of work; otherwise you will not be able to start